Last updated: 5/1/2018 11:55:00 AM
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE CODE OF ETHICS
Members are expected to:
- Conduct business in a manner that is fair and does not mislead anyone or misrepresent the products or services offered.
- Honor the spirit of free enterprise with a personal commitment to moral accountability, professional integrity, good neighborliness and honest competition.
- Not preform, or cause to be performed, any act which would tend to reflect on or bring into dispute, themselves or the Chamber.
- Comply with all laws and regulations applicable to their business, and to maintain the highest standards of ethical conduct in the operation of that business, and in their dealings with employees, customers and competitors.
- Have no civil judgments, final administrative orders, or felony convictions finding that the applicant engaged in fraud, civil theft, or an unfair trade business practice within the past three years.
- Provide effective procedures for acting promptly and fairly on customer complaints.
- Use accurate statements, free of capacity to mislead or deceive the consumer, in all advertising.
- Meet all financial obligations in a responsible manner.
- Treat all customers and employees with dignity and respect, and provide equal employment opportunities, based on bona fide job qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability.
- Use Chamber name only as authorized by the Board of Directors.
- Abide by the rules in the Code of Ethics. Failure to do so will result in consideration to the Board of Directors for revocation of membership.
- Operate their business under the above Code of Ethics. Any alleged noncompliance with the above Code of Ethics should be reported to the Chamber.